Saturday, September 27, 2008

To those who made it possible

In dreams...


I need to take the time out to thank all of the people who helped me reach my dreams of going to Mozambique and be able to actually formulate and process thorough research. Without so many people, so many blessings, I would never have made it to Moz.


To Pastor Joao, Maria, Paulo and Joao Jr. Coreano. Without your huge amount of support and time spent with me in my day to day collection of research, I would have never been able to get around. You helped me with words, travel--everything. Thank you and I cannot wait for our reuniting to start health class!

To Adrienne Jamieson and Stanford University who put $2500 to my research and travel endeavors whilst I was in S.Africa and Mozambique. The dedication to allowing students to pursue their interests and research around the world is incredible and has transformed my thinking and future goal. Without your help, I literally could not have made it to Mozambique.

To the International Rescue Committee and the amazing opportunities I was gained access to because of my internship with them. The foundation in international health policy allowed me to ask the questions I needed to ask and to find the right people to talk to to get answers. Without their support and amazing work, I would have never been able to refine and formulate the research.

To my parents and brothers for believing in all of the crazy things I do. I can't believe you support me in romping around the world, seeking an adventure. Because of your unconditional love and support I feel safe and sound wherever I am. I am so blessed to have a family like you who will allow me to pursue anything and everything that gets conjured in this mind of mine.

Above all, to God. (I sound like I'm winning an Oscar or Grammy..haha) He's the reason I get to do any and all of this. He orchestrated my entire trip and blessed the whole way. Clearly, I would never have been able to manufacture the incredible access I had to human resources and otherwise. What was I doing in Mozambique to begin with? Well, it was definitely Divine Inspiration and Orchistration, because I could never have dreamed that up.


As I prepare for the next 10 months for my return to Mozambique, I ask that you continue to keep me in your thoughts and pray for Africa. There is so much that can be done. Please take the time out to remember what's going on outside of your comfort zones and seek it out if you can. Thank you for sharing this time with me and I'll keep you all informed of my academic progress for the year as to how the preparation is going.

Beijos!!!

No comments: